Galvanode® ZincSheet is used to provide galvanic corrosion protection to reinforced concrete structures. The system is applied to concrete surfaces and connected electrically to the embedded reinforcing steel. Once installed, the zinc anode corrodes preferentially to protect the surrounding reinforcing steel.
The Galvanode® ZincSheet system consists of high purity zinc sheets, ionically conductive acrylic adhesive, and a removable protective liner. This sheet is supplied in rolls with a width of 9.8 in. (25 cm) and length of 66 ft. (20 m). For applications where the anode should be protected from the environment, the zinc sheet and surrounding concrete is protected by a reinforced elastomeric waterproof coating system. The application of Galvanode® ZincSheet is only recommended in dry environmental conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Proven technology: high level of protection as demonstrated in laboratory and field installations.
- Targeted or global protection: installed to protect specific areas of a structure or entire structural elements.
- Economical: cost effective corrosion mitigation solution.
- Versatile: effective with carbonated and chloride-contaminated concrete and can be used for both conventionally reinforced and prestressed or post-tensioned concrete.
- Low maintenance: requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Measurable: anode performance can be easily monitored if required.
- Long lasting: 10 to 15 year active service life that reduces the need for future repairs.
- Building balcony soffits and walkways
- Parking deck soffits, columns and beams
- Concrete slab edges and joints
- Prestressed concrete
- Post-tensioned anchor protection
See how this product was used in successful projects.
This product has been used to solve corrosion problems across these markets.