Galvanode® ASZ+ humectant-activated metalized zinc is used to provide galvanic corrosion protection to reinforced concrete structures that are subject to corrosive conditions. Galvanode® ASZ+ produces a higher current density than traditional zinc metalizing making it suitable for providing corrosion protection to structures exposed to both marine and non-marine environments.
With the Galvanode® ASZ+ process, a thin coating of metallic zinc is sprayed onto the surface of the concrete and electrically connected to the embedded reinforcing steel. After installation of the metalized zinc coating, Galvanode® Humectant activator solution is applied to the surface of the zinc to achieve a higher level of current output and protection over time.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent protection: protective current delivered by humectant activation is enhanced by up to 7 times over untreated zinc (depending on environmental conditions), delivering a high level of initial polarization to control active corrosion. If a higher level of current is required in the future, the humectant activator may be reapplied.
- Activated zinc: humectant activator attracts moisture to the surface to maintain conductivity, making the system particularly suitable for structures in non-marine environments.
- Enhanced bond strength: independent studies have shown that humectant- activated arc spray zinc has a higher long-term bond strength, resulting in a longer anticipated anode life.
- Reduced circuit resistance: provides more uniform protection and anode consumption over time.
- Successful history: metalized zinc anodes operating in both galvanic and impressed current mode have a proven track record of performance.
- Economical: no power supply and system wiring is required when installed and operated galvanically thus reducing installation and maintenance costs.
- Low maintenance: requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Long service life: 10 to 20 year service life reduces the need for future repairs.
- Bridge piers, pier caps, girder ends, abutments and barrier walls
- Marine structure pile caps and soffits of wharves
- Parking deck soffits beams and columns
See how this product was used in successful projects.
This product has been used to solve corrosion problems across these markets.