Norcure® Re-Alkalization is a treatment that restores the alkalinity of carbonated concrete and reinstates the passivity of steel reinforcement. Re-alkalization is carried out by temporarily applying an electric field between the reinforcement in the concrete and an externally mounted anode mesh.
During the process an alkaline electrolyte, such as sodium or potassium carbonate solution, is transported into the concrete, increasing the alkalinity of the cover zone and the concrete surrounding the reinforcing steel. This process returns the steel reinforcement to a long-term passive, non-corroding condition.
Features and Benefits
- Service Life Reset: The underlying cause of corrosion is addressed and the corrosive environment eliminated.
- Measurable Performance: The success of the treatment is verified and documented on-site.
- Global Protection: The reinforcing steel is passivated throughout the treated area; not just in isolated areas.
- Non-destructive Solution: Vastly reduces the need for concrete removal resulting in significant time savings, less dust and environmental impact.
- Noise-Free: Once installed the process is noiseless
- Maintenance Free: The need for permanent electronic monitoring is eliminated.
- Historical Preservation: Historical, architectural and exposed aggregate finishes can be maintained.
- Matching the service life of concete bridge piers, pier caps and abutments to a new superstructure
- Building facades, columns or architectural significant elements suffering from low concrete cover and carbonation
- Preserving the aesthetic of historical structures
Select a document to download product information. For CAD drawings in DWG format please Contact Us.
See how this product was used in successful projects.
This product has been used to solve corrosion problems across these markets.