Galvashield® Fusion™ T2 Anode for Concrete
Fusion Technology, the next generation of cathodic protection for reinforced concrete, combines the power of impressed current cathodic protection with the maintenance-free performance of galvanic anodes.
The Galvashield Fusion T2 hybrid anode attacks the root cause of corrosion with a powerful dose of electrochemical treatment.
Galvashield Fusion provides two-stage protection within a single embedded anode unit.
- Stage 1 ‐ an intense burst of self-generated electrical current strikes the reinforcing steel and passivates rebar corrosion
- Stage 2 ‐ after the impressed current phase, galvanic anodes shield the structure from future corrosion damage
- The novel approach naturally switches from Stage 1 to Stage 2 without external monitoring or human intervention
Galvashield Fusion T2 anodes are Type 2 anodes installed into holes drilled into sound concrete to protect actively corroding reinforcing steel in corrosive conditions for up to 30+ years.
Galvashield Fusion is the ideal solution for long term, low maintenance preservation of structures suffering from corrosion-induced concrete damage such as:
- Bridge rehabilitation and preservation
- Parking structure restoration
- Condominium balcony repair
- Residential and commercial building rehabilitation in a coastal environment
- Industrial concrete maintenance and repair
- Repair of corroding piers and wharfs in a saltwater marine environment
Fusion Technology Benefits
- Preserves structures
- Shortens the construction schedule because less anodes are required compared to traditional galvanic anodes
- Eliminates monitoring and maintenance requirements as there are no external electrical components
- Engineers can economically protect the entire structure or selectively target corrosion "hotspots" based on project requirements