Galvanode® ZincTape is used to provide galvanic corrosion protection to new and existing steel structures such as bridge supports, light posts, pipelines, marine structures, transport vehicles, and industrial tanks.
Galvanode® ZincTape is designed to cover and form a protective barrier over the surface of iron, steel, aluminum and light metals in order to protect them from corrosion. The product consists of high purity zinc with an electrically conductive, self adhesive backing. This creates an electrical couple allowing the zinc to galvanically protect the metal surface. Galvanode® ZincTape can be supplied in custom shapes and can be factory top-coated for improved protection and aesthetics.
Galvanode® ZincTape is supplied in rolls with a width of 3, 6 or 12 inches (75mm, 150mm, 300mm) and a total length of 66 feet (20 meters).
Features and Benefits
- Dual protection: Galvanode ZincTape provides both barrier and galvanic protection to the steel surface.
- Custom sizing: Galvanode ZincTape is available on rolls or in custom shapes, to meet customer needs.
- Long service life: the zinc layer provides long term protection to metallic surfaces that can be equal to or longer than the expected lifetime of the structure.
- Economical: significant reduction in coating maintenance over the life of the structure.
- Easy application: the product is hand or mechanically applied with minimal surface preparation required. Conforms to irregularities in the metal surface such as welds and corrosion pits.
- Environmentally friendly: reduction in debris released to the environment through the elimination of abrasive blasting and spray coating.
- Low maintenance: once applied, Galvanode ZincTape requires minimal maintenance over its service life.
- Versatile: can be used to cover and protect the surface of iron, steel, aluminum and light alloys.
• Bridges, building or masonry supports
• Light posts
• Marine structures
• Industrial tanks
• Hinges and bolted connections
• Automotive and transport vehicles
Before ZincTape Application
After ZincTape Application
This product has been used to solve corrosion problems across these markets.