Galvashield® N - Concrete Corrosion Prevention for New Construction
Galvashield® N embedded galvanic anode units provide corrosion prevention to reinforcing steel in new concrete construction. The Galvashield N zinc anode core is surrounded by an enhanced formulated cement-based mortar. The anode unit is alkali-activated (Type A) with an internal pH of 14 or greater to keep the zinc active over the life of the anode and are non-corrosive to reinforcing steel. Galvashield N anodes have extra long tie wires to allow the anode to be centered in the reinforcing grid for more even current distribution.
- Newly constructed reinforced concrete
- Long service life structures
- Extreme exposure conditions
- Global protection of large areas or specific structural elements
- Targeted protection around critical areas where future corrosion is likely such as around construction and expansion joints