|Ebonex® is a discrete impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) anode that utilizes an innovative ceramic/titanium composite with an integral gas venting system. The anode system includes Ebofix grout, a high density, acid absorbent grout for long term stability.Ebonex discrete anodes are available in a range of sizes and diameters to provide excellent design flexibility. Ebonex discrete anodes are capable of satisfying the 100mV potential shift requirement for effective cathodic protection as specified under National Association of Corrosion Engineers Standard RP 0290.
- Parking garages
- Marine structures
- Steel framed buildings
Features and Benefits
- Gas venting – no buildup of anodic gases. Can be installed under fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP).
- Embedded installation – no added dead weight loading or increase to physical dimensions of structure from thick overlays.
- Long lasting – 25+ year service life, the longest of any discrete CP anode system.
- Highest level of protection – satisfies the 100mV depolarization criteria for effective cathodic protection.
- Proven technology – field verified performance.
- Cost competitive – compared to other types of ICCP anodes.
- Deep installation – addresses multi-levels of steel and difficult access.
- High operating current – suitable for use in areas of high steel density.
- Versatile – can be used in new construction as a preventative measure.