|Galvanode ZincSheet is used to provide galvanic corrosion protection to reinforced concrete structures. The system is applied to concrete surfaces and connected electrically to the embedded reinforcing steel. Once installed, the zinc anode corrodes preferentially to the surrounding rebar, thereby providing galvanic corrosion control or cathodic protection to the adjacent reinforcing steel.The Galvanode ZincSheet system consists of high purity zinc sheets, ionically conductive acrylic adhesive, and a removable protective liner. This sheet is supplied in rolls with a width of 9.8 in. (25 cm) and length of 82 ft. (25 m). For applications where the anode should be protected from the environment, the zinc sheet and surrounding concrete is protected by a reinforced elastomeric waterproof coating system.
- Balconies and walkways
- Columns and beams
- Bridge decks
- Parking garages
- Concrete slab edges and joints
- Prestressed concrete
- Post-tension anchor protection
Features and Benefits
- Proven technology - high level of protection as demonstrated in laboratory and field installations.
- Focused Protection - installed to protect specific areas of a structure or for global protection of entire elements.
- Economical – cost effective corrosion mitigation solution.
- Versatile - effective with carbonated and chloride contaminated concrete. Can be used for both conventionally reinforced and prestressed or post-tensioned concrete.
- Low Maintenance - requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Measurable - anode performance can be easily monitored if required.
- Long Lasting - 10 to 15 year service life reduces the need for future repairs.